The Company / Frontier is a magazine, design studio, and ventures group. We believe that this combination of content, consulting, and entrepreneurship create a powerful engine for creative development.
Our magazine explores and celebrates the risks people take in the process of creating something original and worthwhile. Our design studio capabilities include branding, communication, digital, graphic, spatial, and product design. And our ventures team works on selected projects to bring new kinds of design driven product experiences to market.
Reports To / Design Director
Key Role / Working under supervision to assist in developing design concepts, branded materials, presentations, videos, animations, mockups, and final products across multiple media.
Expectations / This individual must be able to collaborate with a team, as well as take direction regarding specific design tasks. Needs a sound knowledge of typography, a strong aesthetic sense, and the ability to translate ideas to thoughtful design solutions. Candidate should have a degree in graphic design, fine arts, communication design, architecture, or a related field. They should be enthusiastic, collaborative, and a self-motivated individual with the ability to rationalize and clearly communicate ideas to both clients and within the design office.
Education & Training / University degree or equivalent College diploma in Design (or related field)
Experience / Approx. 1 years of experience in Design (or related field)
Skills and Requirements
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects) and the ability to design for print, web, and mobile
- Proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint for use as presentation tools
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in all aspects of a design project
- A detailed eye for typography, grids, layouts, etc.
- Ability to prep final design files for both print and web production
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of current design trends and an excellent knowledge of typography
- Ability to develop brand guidelines documents
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with 3D / space design (Sketchup, Cinema 4D, Rhino) an asset
- Experience in UX / digital design an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with current programming languages an asset
- Writing, proofreading, editorial skills an asset
How to Apply
Please send a portfolio and CV to: email@example.com
Subject line: Junior Designer