We’re looking for great people to join our growing team. Check out our current openings below.
The Company / Frontier is a magazine, design studio, and ventures group. We believe that this combination of content, consulting, and entrepreneurship create a powerful engine for creative development.
Our magazine explores and celebrates the risks people take in the process of creating something original and worthwhile. Our design studio capabilities include branding, communication, digital, graphic, spatial, and product design. And our ventures team works on selected projects to bring new kinds of design driven product experiences to market.
Reports To / Design Director
Key Role / Working under supervision to assist in developing positioning materials, design concepts, branded assets, presentations, videos, animations, mockups, and final products across multiple media.
Expectations / This individual must be able to collaborate with a team, as well as take direction regarding specific design and research tasks. Needs a sound knowledge of typography, a strong aesthetic sense, and the ability to translate ideas to thoughtful design solutions. Candidate should have a degree in graphic design, fine arts, communication design, architecture, or a related field. They should be enthusiastic, collaborative, and a self-motivated individual with the ability to rationalize and clearly communicate ideas to both clients and within the design office.
Education & Training / University degree or equivalent College diploma in Design (or related field)
Experience / Approx. 1-2 years of experience in Design (or related field)
Skills and Requirements
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects) and the ability to design for print, web, and mobile
- Experience with in preparing and facilitating client project workshops
- Proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint for use as presentation tools
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in all aspects of a design project
- A detailed eye for typography, grids, layouts, etc.
- Ability to prep final design files for both print and web production
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of current design trends and an excellent knowledge of typography
- Ability to develop brand guidelines documents
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Nice to Haves
- Experience with 3D / space design (Sketchup, Cinema 4D, Rhino)
- Experience in UX / digital design
- Knowledge of or experience with current programming languages
How to Apply
Please send a portfolio and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Junior Designer Position
The Company / Frontier is a magazine, design studio, and ventures group. We believe that this combination of content, consulting, and entrepreneurship creates a powerful engine for creative development. Our magazine explores and celebrates the risks people take in the process of creating something original and worthwhile. Our design studio capabilities include branding, communication, digital, graphic, spatial, and product design. And our ventures team works on selected projects to bring new kinds of design-driven product experiences to market.
Reports To / Senior Project Manager
Role / The PM will work closely with the Senior Project Manager to manage team members with the overall goal of launching projects on time and on budget. The PM will manage a series of small projects and client relationships ensuring that expectations are clear and that there is thoughtful communication around scope, budget, and schedules. The PM might also support the Senior Project Manager on mid-to-large -sized projects.
Expectation & Experience / The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of project management experience at a creative agency. Previous experience managing client communication is a must. Exposure to branding, editorial/communications, print, digital, video and environmental projects is an asset.
- Manage all phases of a project lifecycle including kick-off, asset collection, discovery, concept, refinements, testing and launch/delivery
- Foster and maintain positive relationships the Frontier team and clients to ensure project goals are captured in clear/concise briefs and scopes
- Provide support to Frontier team by coordinating critical assets and resources pertaining to creative requests
- Develop and manage project schedules with milestones
- Ensure all deadline/status info is accurate for projects and that jobs launch on time and on budget
- Circulate client assets and feedback upon receipt to appropriate team members
- Ensure meetings are documented and productive; provide summary/action items post-meeting
- Consult with the Senior Project Manager to implement resolution in difficult situations and identify the need for additional resources/freelancers, if necessary
- Report project progress/status on a regular basis to Senior Project Manager
- Support Senior Project Manager with invoicing/billing of client projects and contractor payments.
- Support general office operations and administrative duties, as required
Skills and Requirements
- A college or university degree from an accredited institutional; preferably with a business or creative management focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to the demand of challenging and unusual projects
- Highly organized individual that can facilitate multiple projects at the same time, alongside different internal workflows and personalities
- An eye for process, understanding where it can help and suggest improvements
- Very detailed oriented
- Minimum one year of work experience in a similar position. Two years preferred.
- Required to work in multiple management software Programs including Microsite Office (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word), Google Suite (Docs, Pages, Drive), and PM Tools (Harvest ad Forecast)
- Quick learner and self-motivated individual
- Interest in design and creativity
ASAP (July/August 2018)
How to Apply
Please send a short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience and availability, and attach your CV.
Send to email@example.com
Subject line: Project Manager Position