We’re always looking for great people. Send us a note at email@example.com along with your resume and portfolio (if applicable). Please no unsolicited drop ins or phone calls.
Design & Motion Graphics Intern
The Company / Frontier is a magazine, design studio, and ventures group. We believe that this combination of content, consulting, and entrepreneurship create a powerful engine for creative development.
Our design studio focuses on branding, communication, digital, graphic, spatial, and product design. Our magazine explores and celebrates the risks people take in the process of creating something original and worthwhile. And our ventures team works on selected projects to bring new kinds of design driven product experiences to market.
Reports To / Design Director
Key Role / Working under supervision to assist in developing design concepts, branded materials, presentations, videos, mockups, and final products, with a focus on animation.
Expectations / This individual must be able to collaborate with a team, as well as take direction regarding specific design tasks. Needs a sound knowledge of typography, a strong aesthetic sense, and the ability to translate ideas to thoughtful design solutions. Candidate should have a degree in graphic design, fine arts, communication design, architecture (or a related field). They should be enthusiastic, collaborative, and a self-motivated individual with the ability to rationalize and clearly communicate ideas within the design office.
Education & Training / Currently undertaking a university degree or equivalent college diploma in design (or related field)
Experience / Design experience outside of degree program an asset
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- Core motion graphics expertise with Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint for use as presentation tools
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in all aspects of a design project
- A detailed eye for typography, grids, layouts, etc.
- Awareness of current design trends and an excellent knowledge of typography
- Ability to prep final design files for both print and web production
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
How to Apply
Send portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line / Design Internship